Sunday, April 4, 2010

040410

I'm preparing myself for next Sunday's Sniffapalooza, which is _this coming Sunday_. Lots to make sure about. This is my first international conference on perfume. I plan to come on like gangbusters, especially now that I have the Professional-Perfumer title.

*Move*

This will be a short installment. I am right in the middle of a move. A few blocks over and about 30 blocks down. I am so incredibly happy it's not even funny. I'm in the middle of the island. I am much closer to downtown than I was before, and so closer to head shops and tattoo parlors and real ethnic food. I have Blue Smoke and The Jazz Standard right around the corner--I could even walk there myself easily. And they have brunch on the weekends. Also I'm right in the middle of Little Bombay, so loads of Indian restaurants are all around, from vegetarian and kosher to meat galore; I have recently become a vegetarian again so I'm in heaven. Idlees, utappam, dosas, holy-shit halva, coconut chutney, etc. I couldn't have chosen a better spot if I had the run of the whole city. Thanks to Carlos, who also got me my last apartment. I have yet to find a diner, where I can go daily for breakfast. My new wheelchair will be coming soon, so then anything goes.

*Adam's-Index*

Number one thing about my new neighborhood: jazz and really good comfort food (southern) around the corner

Number two thing: best vegetarian Indian in New York (Vatan) a block away

Number three: heart of Little Bombay

Number four: less than a block from a gourmet south-Indian restaurant

Number five: close to head shops

Number six: close to tattoo parlors

Number seven: close to downtown (where anything goes)

Number eight: right in the heart of matters

Number nine: close to subway (I have yet to use my wheelchair on the subway)

Number ten: in the center of the greatest city in the world

*Quotations*

The scientific consensus confirms the dangers of climate change. Yet rarely are climate deniers called on to cite fact-based, peer-reviewed evidence for their rebuttals.
--Frances Beinecke

I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to Heaven. I'll look around and say, 'It's not bad, but it ain't San Francisco.
--Herb Caen

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.
--Kahlil Gibran

Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes.
--Oscar Wilde

A man's errors are his portals of discovery.
--James Joyce

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
--Paul Coelho

The only source of knowledge is experience.
--Einstein

People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself.
--Alfred Sheinwold

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
--Auguste Rodin

Peace love and ATOM jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment